Love Letters

>> Sunday, February 6, 2011


I really, really love Valentines.
It makes me feel all warm and snuggly.

So many memories come rushing in every time I think of Valentines:
-sitting at the kitchen table making homemade valentine boxes for school...one year it was a ladybug and you would lift up it's wing to put the letters in.
-Walking around the classroom trying to give the people you like the cutest one, or sneaking them an extra treat.
-making pink heart sugar cookies with my mom (could it even be valentines without them?)
-the carnation day for highschool years...I usually only got one or two...if I was lucky
-the time Andy learned his lesson on our first valentines...um, you are supposed to get your wife something on your "first" valentines...yeah, he learned his lesson and makes up for it every year since :)
-Valentines 2007: I had a 4 day old adorable baby girl-best valentine EVER
-Valentines 2010: in the E.R. with crazy stomach pain...later to find out I had Celiac Disease
-making homemade valentines with the girls
-delivering valentines door to door in the rain to all the neighborhood kids

I really love Valentines!



Some of mine and Auri's valentines...Eden tore off the majority of the hearts the next day.
Auri freaked out.
I consoled her by telling her we could make more.
I think it will be round 5 for us.

3 comments:

Avree February 9, 2011 at 7:07 AM  

How cute! Reading through your memories brought back a lot of mine. Except I don't think I ever got a carnation, dang.

Megan Gubler February 9, 2011 at 9:13 AM  

Seeing your Valentines remind me of in high school you made me a little book with all of our memories. I love this little book and always pull it out when I am home visiting. It makes me smile and think of you. Do you remember it?

kimberly February 11, 2011 at 10:28 AM  

Your cute valentines have motivated me to get making some with Ellie and June. I have been slacking this year. Usually I love making valentines! I will get going.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP