Sunday Serenity

>> Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lately I have been feeling a need to be a better mother and spiritual leader of our home. I know that my efforts are good in being a wife and mother, but honestly I know I can do more especially when it comes to living a more Christ centered life. It's easy to get caught up in the world-even when it's good. What I mean is; I often find myself comparing myself to others-which is especially easy to do here on the internet. Things become more important in these kinds of comparisons rather than what is really important. What is important is how I am raising my children. I know that instead of sitting here looking at how others are doing it and feeling jealous or inadequate, I need to step it up and be better myself and not care what others think or do, just focus on what is best for me and my family.


Well, I'm not really good with conveying exactly what I am trying to say so I think Marjorie says it quite well.
So, I am simplifying.

More:
Focusing on my girls.
Singing more primary songs.
Reading more scriptures and church literature.
Being content with my closet full of thrift store clothes.
Cooking new better/healthier meals.
Having Family Home Evening.
Service.

Less:
Comparing.
Wishing for....
Wasted time.


*Each Sunday I'm going to try to post a quote that I want to focus on for the week.
I think it will help.
:)

Happy Sunday Serenity

6 comments:

kate February 20, 2011 at 7:58 PM  

well said and an amen to that!

Michelle February 20, 2011 at 8:51 PM  

Love these thoughts. I've actually had a weekend full of some of these exact ones... and just LOVE that quote! Thanks!

And Happy Birthday Auri! She looks so grown up to me. She's so cute!

KaraCampbell February 21, 2011 at 7:50 AM  

Can you imagine what a difference it could make if every mother/wife chose just one item off your list, and applied it towards their family?

A great lesson we all need to learn.

Ashlie Dalton February 21, 2011 at 9:40 AM  

we're all guilty of that. sometimes the grass looks greener on the other side and you have to remind yourself what is really important and count your blessings. i have to do this occasionally too.

you are a fantastic mom!

good luck with your goals.

bergesonbs February 23, 2011 at 4:30 PM  

Thanks for this post. I really needed it, I'm been feeling the same way for about a month now. I've never heard that quote before and it's exactly what I needed. Thanks again, my long distance neighbor :)

Robyn February 24, 2011 at 4:53 PM  

I love this quote, I even added it to my favorite quotes book. The blogosphere is so great but can be so hard on us ladies.

when are we getting together? we miss.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP